Sunday, July 06, 2014

Call

“It’s okay that he still haven’t called me. Even though three days have passed, but I’m not the kind of woman that just sits around waiting for the phone to ring. Well, yes, the last three days I didn’t turn it off at night like I usually do, but it’s nothing like waiting and looking at it like my sister does every time she hooks up with a douche. Of course, they don’t call her, and she ends up crying for a whole day feeling like no one will ever look at her again. I will never be like that. No man can ever have that kind of hold on me. It’s just pathetic.

“Still, I kind of envy her too. She always bounces back, no matter what. After crying for a whole day, the next morning she goes at everything like nothing happened, humming and all that shit. Yet again, I just don’t wanna be that gullible.

“I don’t need anyone to validate my existence. I’m living for myself and not for freaking men. I don’t need them to tell me I’m pretty or get flowers and surprises every day. I don’t need them to turn back and watch me as I walk by. And I certainly don’t need the catcalls of the workers on the street. When I go into a bar maybe I just wanna drink by myself and I’m not there to be picked up by strangers. Especially if those strangers reek of alcohol. Maybe I don’t wanna be witty, funny, happy and interesting all the time. Maybe I wanna be alone, miserable, pitiful and sarcastic all by myself. Who are men to tell me I can’t do that?

“When I go on a date and he doesn’t call me back for days, I am right to assume he is not interested, so I am right to move on. I don’t need to reason with myself, and I really don’t need to feel bad about an asshole who doesn’t even have the decency to send a text that he is not interested anymore. I can do whatever I want, be whoever I want and every fucking man can go and fuck himself!” she shouted at her phone and it lit up.

As she saw the caller was the date from three days ago, her face lit up and her mouth curved into a smile.


“I was just thinking about you,” were her first words, sweet as honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment